- Hebrews 4:12
- Psalms 119:9, 11, 105
- 2 Timothy 2:15 & 3:16-17
- Acts 1:8
Key points of a disciples diet:
- The sharpness of the word penetrates our soul and spirit and corrects us.
- The word of god nourishes our soul, as Jesus said, we do not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of god.
- The word lights our path and gives us counsel and direction in tough times. It is the source of our strength
- All scripture is useful for teaching rebuking and correcting
- Our responsibility as believers is to share the word. We need to share it now. No one knows the day or the hour of Christ’s return.
- The daily disciple diet should be filled with searching and seeking out the scripture.